Thursday, January 6, 2011

Elated Prior can't understand his ODI snub

Elated Prior can't understand his ODI snub


Matt Prior admitted he cannot understand his snub for the One Day International series after scoring an Ashes century that he hailed as the "best feeling in cricket".

England are on the verge of sealing a 3-1 series triumph after Australia ended day four 151 runs in arrears and with just three wickets remaining. Earlier in the day, Prior hammered a hundred - the second-quickest by an Englishman in Ashes history - that took the tourists to a mammoth total of 644.

"It's a very special feeling," he told Sky Sports. "I was batting with Trotty at Melbourne when he got his and he came to me in the middle and said it's the best feeling in cricket. I'd have to agree."

Although his score of 118 at Sydney was notable for its fluency, Prior has not enjoyed the most productive of series, striking just one 50 in the four Tests to date. The wicketkeeper insists he was never concerned by his form, however.

"I started off [the series] with not much luck and ended up with a whole load of it," he said. "Sometimes it's not your day, sometimes it is. I've said the whole series I've been playing well, feeling good in the nets, just needed a few things to go my way."

Asked whether he knew why he was not in the One Day International squad, Prior laughed: "Absolutely not. I'm not in there at the minute but I'm working very hard to get back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment